GreenGen Ventures identifies real problems and opportunities working with great companies and founders to innovate in the built environment. We are driven to find and grow the value of companies in the built environment through our integrated capabilities which enhance revenues and reduce energy-related operating costs.
Through our extensive experience in energy, real estate, technology and capital markets, we bring a unique perspective on how technology creates value in the built environment. GreenGen Ventures focuses on technology from two perspectives.
- Disruptive technologies that remedy unsolved problems
- “Value” technologies that lower the cost of technology or increase its productivity in relation to existing solutions
GreenGen Ventures’ team has investment, operations, and technology experience and expertise across a broad range of real estate asset types, including office, retail, hospitality, industrial, and healthcare. Our clients are the world’s leading owners of the real estate owning, operating, and managing over 1 billion square feet of real estate around the world, giving us a unique competitive advantage and perspective as an investor and value-added partner.
GreenGen Ventures operates as a strategic investor, bringing world-class processes and varied market approaches to investing, while leveraging our unique relationships across the global real estate and private equity industries.
As a high growth business built by entrepreneurs, GreenGen guides founders and management teams through the challenges of building a successful business.
GreenGen Ventures is focused on making investments in real estate and property-related technologies. Within the real estate and property space, the primary trends influencing our investment strategy are
- climate change
- workforce and tenant preferences
- regulatory changes
- health and safety
We believe our engineering expertise and property-focus provides unmatched access for the companies in which we've invested. We leverage our unique domain expertise, corporate partners, and industry relationships to understand the science behind a technology. We then pilot it in real situations, analyzing data and performance, ease of installation, and business model to optimize technology solutions.
- Teams with both technical and domain expertise solving a real problem
- Businesses with unique innovations that are defensible
- Companies with implementable solutions that are both measurable and replicable
- Significant growth either domestically and/or internationally
- Fundamentally core business that is sustainable, independent of the short-term benefits of rebates and/or subsidies
We are more than just capital. We are GreenGen.
Get to know our team here.