Project Coordinator (Asia)
Seeking a dynamic and independent Project Coordinator with exceptional organizational skills superior English language capabilities, and native-level Japanese (required) and Mandarin/Korean (preferred) to further GreenGen’s existing business in Asia.
Green Generation (GreenGen) is seeking to add a team-oriented, entrepreneurial professional based in Asia to help coordinate and manage their fast-growing business in the region. Based in Tokyo (preferred), Hong Kong, or Shanghai, the Project Coordinator will play a critical role within GreenGen in securing and managing client and vendor engagements.
Excellent English skills are essential, as well as native proficiency in Japanese and/or Mandarin and/or Korean – all four would be ideal. An undergraduate degree in engineering, building sciences or architecture is required, as well as 3-7 years of experience with an engineering/design firm or real estate investment or management firm.
Reporting to the Managing Director, Asia and the Senior Vice President, Global Solutions, the ideal candidate will be dynamic, articulate, highly organized, self-aware, dependable, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Other key attributes include a positive attitude, energy, enthusiasm, attention to detail, and initiative; as well as the ability to work independently and recognize opportunities that go beyond the scope of clients’ expectations and develop solutions to propose to the client to address those issues and opportunities that GreenGen can implement.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or higher in electrical/mechanical engineering, building sciences or architecture and four years or more direct work experience. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Japan, Hong Kong, or China without requiring visa sponsorship for employment.
- Practical experience in building performance/design and energy efficiency
- Past experience managing multiple, remote clients or organizational projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint, is essential
- Ability to work proficiently in English is imperative, as is fluency in Japanese and/or Mandarin and/or Korean – ideally all four languages
- Superlative communication skills
Objectives of this Role
To coordinate among local resources (partners, vendors, etc.), facilitating GreenGen's ability to service clients’ needs in Asia as efficiently as in the US and other markets, notwithstanding language, cultural, and market differences
- Representing GreenGen to clients, partners, and contractors in Asia
- Keeping client engagements organized and running smoothly
- Facilitating the transfer of information throughout an engagement between the GreenGen team, local partners, the on-site team, and the client
- Bridging language and cultural barriers that may exist during a client engagement
- Developing GreenGen’s local networks, including sourcing and vetting local local labor and materials suppliers
Primary Roles and Responsibilities (specific duties will change with each project)
To coordinate between clients and GreenGen HQ to assist with the project development process and accurately convey that information to and from local languages and English; and to work with and identify new partners, service providers and vendors in local markets to help implement GreenGen developed solutions
- Making sure that our team (GreenGen and local partners) has the information and resources they need to execute the project
- Liaising with clients, engineers, contractors, suppliers, and internal company stakeholders during the energy plan development process (energy auditing and project development)
- Translating communications, technical reports, and relevant marketing materials to/from Japanese/Chinese/Korean and English as the case and abilities require and allow
- Creating and administering project schedules with milestones, due dates, and estimates for the materials that will be submitted to the client for approval
- Regular status reports regarding operations that will be presented to GreenGen’s management team
- Working with team members and clients who have specific project-related issues
- Building relationships with GreenGen and its partners to develop a strong working unit and supporting team to ensure the success of a project
- Identifying and contacting potential vendors and local partners to help GreenGen implement client engagements
- Attending industry-related conferences, trade shows, and events and present information back to GreenGen and our partners
- Supporting GreenGen’s clients and the project on-site teams throughout the engagement
Other Activities and Responsibilities
- Researching project opportunities, e.g., RFP requests, notices of opportunities
- Researching best-in-class contractors, vendors, and other service providers
- Researching local/municipal utility grants and incentive programs for energy efficiency work
- Supporting in client and/or partner meetings
- Translating of project information, such as building schedules and utility bills to/from English and other major Asian languages
- Weekly calls with GreenGen to update project status
- Helping GreenGen to recruit staff members in Asia
Other Tasks May Include
- Providing qualified judgment and analyses for conceptual engineering design in order to ensure owner's requirements are fully documented, optimize first cost, and improve energy and water efficiency
- Completing and/or supporting on-site energy assessments
- Reviewing and verifying others' energy savings calculations and guide other staff in the best practices for various energy savings technologies, including lighting, HVAC, fans, pumps, air compression, and industrial process use
- Assessing or proposing commercial-scale renewable energy and CHP systems, supply-side energy procurement strategies, and demand-response technologies
- Planning and delivering presentations at meetings and training events for trade allies and customers, clients, and others
- Leading and directing the work of consulting external engineers and equipment suppliers
- Writing and installing energy management routines for building management systems
- Performing other duties as assigned
Location – Asia
Tokyo is the preferred working location for candidate, but Hong Kong or Shanghai will be considered. The candidate must also be eligible to travel in Asia without special restrictions.
GreenGen Asia is based in Tokyo and operates in various regions in Asia, which requires regular travel. Residents of all Asian countries will be considered. The Project Coordinator, Asia will work remotely from a home/shared office.
Travel to a variety of client locations in Asia is required for this role and likely to be in increments of one week or less. Long-term engagements at a single client location are not expected.
Applicants must be a citizen of or have permanent right to work in either Japan, Hong Kong, or China. For qualified candidates, GreenGen may facilitate the work visa sponsorship process.
- All compulsory standard benefits that may apply in the candidate’s country of residence, e.g., health insurance, pension
- Work from home
- Mobile phone stipend
- Dynamic travel opportunities
- Professional development budget
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Paid vacation and sick leave