Energy Engineer (FR)
Our Energy Efficiency Solutions Engineer position is suited to a person with 5-10 years of relevant, in-depth knowledge of office, retail, hospitality, logistics, and leisure facilities with substantial practical experience in reducing a building's energy consumption.
This individual will conduct assessments of building system performance, analyse utility data, and develop energy efficiency retrofit solutions to achieve the optimal balance of reduced utility consumption, occupant comfort, and financial results.
The Energy Engineer will serve as an advisor on energy and mechanical matters to project implementation teams while reviewing specifications, drawings, construction documents, project scopes, and cost estimates, and assist in the day-to-day project management.
Residency in France is mandatory. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the EU without requiring visa sponsorship for employment.
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors level degree at minimum in a relevant field – Electrical Engineering; Mechanical Engineering; Physics; Building Science – or at least 7 years of directly related experience
- Chartered or working toward it as an associate of the Energy Institute, CIBSE, or similar
- Experience with BS16247 EN or ASHRAE 90.1 Standard (ISO 50001 and 14001 are a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of energy efficiency and building performance
- BREEAM Assessor, LEED AP, or LCEA is a plus; experience with HQE or DGNB useful
- Ability to work in French and English is mandatory; written and verbal fluency in at least one other European language is preferred
- Experience working on projects in multiple European countries
- Proficiency with MS Office and energy data analysis tools is required
- In-depth knowledge of large buildings and their mechanical and electrical systems, particularly HVAC and control systems
- Practical experience in energy reduction concepts, calculations, and energy modeling. Experience with performance benchmarks and energy modelling methods
- Creative problem solving skills
- Superlative quantitative analysis abilities
- Ability to present analysis in understandable and compelling formats
- Strong interpersonal and client communications skills
- Team player to inspire and mentor colleagues
- Working knowledge of at least one European language other than English
Responsibilities (specific duties will change with each project):
- Perform onsite assessments of client facilities throughout the UK and Continental Europe to identify energy saving opportunities
- Analyse existing building systems and collect data on building operation, HVAC, electrical, lighting, controls, and operations to determine energy usage and efficiency
- Establish priorities for building renovations
- Assess feasibility and help plan implementation of efficiency solutions
- Attend project meetings with owners, designers, property managers, and contractors
- Establish and maintain on-site contact with building facilities personnel
- Perform travel-planning as necessary to complete site visits and attend conferences
Other tasks may include:
- Provide expert judgment and analyses for conceptual engineering design in order to ensure owner's requirements are fully documented, optimise first cost, and improve energy and water efficiency
- Review and verify others' energy savings calculations and guide other staff in the best practices for various energy savings technologies, including lighting, HVAC, fans, pumps, air compression, and industrial process use
- Assess or propose commercial-scale renewable energy and CHP systems, supply-side energy procurement strategies, and demand-response technologies
- Plan and deliver presentations at meetings and training events for trade allies and customers, clients, and others
- Lead and direct the work of consulting external engineers and equipment suppliers
- Write and install energy management routines for building management systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
Location: European Union
GreenGen operates throughout the UK and continental Europe, requiring regular travel and an ability to communicate in multiple languages. French citizens will be given preference; other EU countries will be considered, but please understand that we are not able to relocate candidates, sponsor visas, nor to accept applicants who are not already permitted to live and work in the EU.
Travel to a variety of client locations within Continental Europe, UK, and US will be required for this role up to 50% of the year in increments of one week or less. Long-term engagements at a single client location are not expected.
- Mobile phone stipend
- Communter transit subsidy
- Work from home or co-working space
- More to come